250g lactofree spreadable (for lactose intolerants only) or non dairy spread (for dairy free)
100g caster sugar
350g plain flour
Plain chocolate (check for dairy ingredients) or dairy alternative chocolate
Mini marshmallows (check for dairy ingredients, most are fine)
- Using a square baking tin lined with baking paper,
- Beat the spread and sugar together until well mixed and creamy, careful not to over mix it
- Beat in the flour, bit by bit, to form a smooth dough
- Spoon the dough into the tin and press down with the back of the spoon until even
- Bake at 180 C for roughly 30mins depending on how thick the mixture is and how crumbly you like your shortbread
- Whilst still in the tin, cooling, melt plain chocolate (check for dairy ingredients on the packet) in a bowl over some simmering water.
- Pour over the shortbread and spread evenly with a metal spoon
- If adding marshmallows add them now while the chocolate is runny so they stick as it cools.
- Try not to eat it all at once!