An exciting evening tonight (Tuesday 25th March) saw the awards ceremony for the #FFFA14.
Sadly I couldn't attend the ceremony in London but due to the marvels of modern technology I could follow with ease on Twitter. Tweets were pouring in thick and fast from the commentator Alex Gazzola and many marvelous #freefrom bloggers, businesses and industry familiar names and faces.
Presented by long term supporter Anthony Worrell Thompson, the awards went in a cracking flash!
The finalists had been announced previously and everyone was waiting on tenter hooks for the winners. Here they are:
Overall Winner of the Fair Trophy - Focaccia Per Tutt
Innovation Award - Venice Bakery UK Large Seasoned Glutenfree Vegan Pizza Base
Special Award for Services to Glutenfree Beer - Greens Beers
1. Breakfast - Primal Joy Foods Cinnamon Nut Crunch
- CoYo Coconut Milk Yoghurt Vanilla Flavour
- BFree Foods Plain Bagels
2. Breads - Focaccia Per Tutt Mediterranea
- Tesco Free From Fresh Seeded Bread
3. Store Cupboard - Ugg Foods Chia Seed and Nut Bread Mix
- Vegusto UK "Cheese" Sauce
4. Pasta and Pizza - Amys Kitchen UK Broccoli and Cheddar Bake
5. Raw Foods and Super Foods - SaVse Smoothies Super Blue
6. Food To Go/Vending Machines - Waitrose Glutenfree Egg Watercress / Chicken Salad Rolls
7. Food Designed For Food Service - Indian Coeliac Glutenfree Authentic Panjabi Pakoras
- We Love Cakes Glutenfree Cherry Bakewell Tarts
8. Ready Meals (meat based) - Ilumi Lamb Rogan Josh
(meat free) - Georgias Choice Glutenfree Mexican Bean Bake
9. Products Manufactured in a Nut Free Environment - Ilumi Kerala Chicken Curry
10. Childrens Food - Georgias Choice Glutenfree Chicken Bites
11. Christmas Foods - D&D Chocolate Dairyfree Chocolate Minty Snowmen
12. Scones Sweet Biscuits Tarts and Cookies - Nairns Oatcakes Glutenfree Biscuit Breaks Oats and Fruit
13. Cakes Cakebars Cupcakes and Brownies - Melsie Jane Bakes Mini Lemon Drizzle Loaf
14. After Dinner Foods - Bessant and Drury Raspberry Swirl Frozen Coconut Yoghurt
- Pudology Banoffee Pud
15. Glutenfree Beers - Greens Beers IPA
You can find all this information with links to the companies listed, details of the awards and cracking photos of the after party (!) at www.freefromfoodawards.co.uk
I would also like to congratulate all of the chocolate entries that fell under the After Dinner Foods Category. As a judge of this category I know how tough the competition was. Each of the entrants: Booja Booja, Celtic Chocolates Choices Chocolate and Eskal brought an incredibly accomplished product to the table. I am proud to say I work in the #freefrom chocolate industry and highly recommend these brands.