These days the packet mixes are usually out of bounds (although Mrs Crimbles and others like these available from Free From For Kids are developing a great range of #freefrom mixes). I am constantly on the look out for #freefrom cheesecake recipes which are #dairyfree, #lactosefree and #glutenfree. Most are quite complicated and/or full of expensive ingredients. As you may have read in my early cake mixture post I sometimes get fed up cooking from scratch and in the proper manner. Just like everyone else I want a quick cheats version. This recipe does just that and I think it works beautifully.
175g biscuit crushed into small crumbs (I used Sainsbury's FreeFrom Digestives but you could make your own)
75g Pure Sunflower spread
I tin coconut cream solids (place the unopened tin in the fridge overnight to seperate the cream from the water)
3 tbps jam (any flavour, but berry flavours work best)
bowl of blackberries
3 tbsps chia seeds
Please beware, as always, I forgot to measure accurately so you may need to tailor the amount a little to suit your tastes!
- Melt the Pure spread in a pan, take off the heat and mix in the biscuit crumb
- Pat down into a flan dish or individual dessert dishes
- Refridgerate until set, roughly 30mins
- Blend the blackberries, coconut, jam and chia seeds in a mixer
- Top the biscuit base with the blackberry mixture and pop back in the fridge until set
- Decorate with whole blackberries
We all enjoyed it, let me know what you think :)