Improving your Gut Health
1. Take supplements. Which ones, and why?
- L-Glutamine, Your intestinal lining uses L-glutamine as fuel to create a strong surface for digestion and absorption. Supplementing with L-glutamine is effective to heal the gut lining
Prevent further breakdown of the intestinal lining. It can also have anti-inflammatory properties in the gut.
- Prebiotics, Prebiotics are a source of food for your gut's healthy bacteria. They go to your lower digestive tract, where they act like food to help the healthy bacteria grow.
- Inulin Fiber, Inulin can help stimulate the growth of beneficial bacteria .Increasing the amounts of healthful bacteria can help improve digestion, immunity, and overall health.
2. In Food:
(a) Foods that promote the growth of beneficial gut bacteria:
- Green peas
- Beans (kidney, pinto and white)
(b) Foods that can help with natural Prebiotic Fibre:
- Oats (GF)
- Sweet Potato
(c) Foods rich in Probiotic Bacteria:
- Fermented foods like Korean pickled vegetables called kimchi, sauerkraut, and in some pickles also plain, natural yogurt, and Kefir
Please always do your own research to see if this is the best course of action for you. If you are unsure, please see a nutritionist and or a practitioner.